The Beat Generation & The Angry Young Men DELUXE Edition. CD.
£7.99 / On Sale
The Beat Generation And The Angry Young Men was the first retrospective to acknowledge the impact of the Mod Revival and its knock-on effect in collecting circles. Originally released in 1984, by Ed Pller on the Well Suspect label, many of the featured tracks were already demanding high pocket money prices (Directions, Small Hours, Long Tall Shorty) and these days far more. This reissued digital deluxe edition revisits and revamps the original; losing two tunes but gaining five extra tasty maximum R&B numbers (from the Italian group, The Mads) recorded between 1979 and 82. Best played loud, this compilation has influenced much of the indi-rock and brit-pop elite of the current generation of 'angry young men'....and women.
1. The Mods Are Back In Town. - The Mads.
2.It May Be Too Late. - Directions.
3. That's What I Want. - Long Tall Shorty.
4. Underground. - Small Hours.
5. Career Girl. - Les Elite.
6. Psycho R'n'R Art. - The Mads.
7.I'll Make You Mine. - Purple Hearts.
8.I Do. - Long Tall Shorty
9.Weekend Dancers. - Directions.
10. This Is What I Get. - The Mads.
11. Frustration. - Les Elite.
12. The Kids. - Small Hours.
13. Hazy Darkness. - Purple Hearts.
14. Mrs Kate. - The Mads.
15. All By Myself. - Long Tall Shorty.
16. Get A Job. - Les Elite.
17. Concrete Mixer. - Purple Hearts.
18. Velvet Gloss. - The Mads.